Gas pain is common in newborns and infants. Infants are likely to experience a gas problem due to an underdeveloped digestive system. The other cause could be swallowing air while crying or bottle-feeding, and even sucking on a pacifier. So, let’s talk about the best formula for gassy babies.
Most parents are worried if their baby develops a gas problem, but it’s normal. There is nothing to worry about as they cannot digest starch in foods, and it’s primarily seen in newborns aged between one to four months.
Signs and Symptoms of Gassy Babies
Being fussy, crying for a more extended period, loose stools, hard to feed, improper sleep, immature digestive tract, unhappy, etc., are the signs of gassy babies. The cause of gas in babies could also be a sign of lactose and food intolerances, gastro infections.
If a baby suffers a lot from gas discomfort, parents should talk to the doctor for a proper diagnosis.
What is an Organic Baby Formula?
Organic baby formulas are lab-grown dairies for babies. Formula milk is made from milk products produced with at least 95% of the organic ingredients. It doesn’t contain pesticides, antibiotics, and herbicides, which is a safe option for newborns. The doctor suggests using the organic baby formula for infants suffering from gas pains.
9 Best Formula for Gassy Babies
There are dozens of formula choices available for your baby to ease gas discomfort. Parents are easily overwhelmed when selecting the best gassy baby formula for their children. They want to give the best nutrients to their children.
When it comes to your baby, only the best will do it. So, stay with us to know which infant formulas work best for your child. Here are some of the nine best formulas for gassy babies.
HiPP Comfort Formula
Hipp is a European Organic baby formula that has proved to be one of the best baby food formulas in the market.
The packaging of formula with no added sugar, milk sourced from farms that use sustainable farming methods, reduced lactose content makes HiPP Comfort one of the best-selling baby formulas for gas pain and digestion.
HiPP Comfort meets EU organic certification and contains no harmful preservatives, herbicides, pesticides, steroids, or chemicals and ensures premium quality.
- The formula doesn’t use any plant-based sweeteners.
- It is best for infants who suffer from gas pain, colic, constipation, and allergy-prone.
- It is a gluten-free formula, and both mothers and infants can benefit from this product.
- This formula contains added Vitamin A, C, and D, promoting a robust immune system in babies and supporting calcium absorption.
- It contains prebiotics and probiotics, which are fundamental for babies who are sensitive to certain foods.
- HiPP Comfort Mothers Formula is the supplementation of breast milk.
- It is fresh and easy-to-digest ingredients are the best and safe option for infants.
- It is a good baby formula for infants suffering from gas pain.
- Some parents have reviewed that it is not good after one week of children’s cognitive development significant cramps.
Holle Goat Based Formula
Holle Goat Based Formula is also another European formula that is gluten-free, vegetarian, and soy-free. Many parents consider cow’s milk to be one reason for gas and bloating, but it’s not always the case.
This high-quality non-GMO goat supplement is best for those sensitive to cow’s milk since kids can easily digest the milk.
Being 100% organic and using natural ingredients, Holle Goat Based Formula proves to be the best for infants suffering from indigestion problems or gas pain.
- Holle infant formulas don’t contain any artificial preservatives. Instead, it contains corn syrup extract, which is helpful for the healthy growth of babies.
- It is whole organic goat milk.
- No added artificial preservatives, chemicals, flavors, colors, and no soy.
- Chemical-free agriculture and manufacturing
- It is GMO-free and shelf-stable.
- Some kids didn’t like the taste of it.
Enfamil ProSobee Lactose-free Infant Formula
Enfamil ProSobee Lactose-free Infant Formula for gassy babies is a soy-based formula proven to be a good nutrient placement for children. This formula helps to foster communication abilities and cognitive abilities.
This formula milk is easy on children with insensitive tummies. Also, if your babies have milk allergies, Enfamil formula is the best choice for children.
Moreover, it is the best choice for children with gas pains. This soy formula proves effective to comfort the gas pain of infants and proves to be the best for the baby’s development.
- The baby formula is entirely lactose and dairy-free.
- Soy for sensitive tummies helps ease baby gas, fussiness, and colic caused by sensitivity to milk-based formulas.
- Enfamil Prosobee Soy Infant Formula is Kosher and Vegetarian.
- The infant formula helps to foster cognitive and brain development.
- It is a gentle formula tailored for your baby through their first 12 months.
- It sometimes forms clumps when preparing. So, it is advised to stir properly while preparing it.
Enfagrow Gentlease for Newborns and Toddlers
Enfagrown Gentlease, the formula for gassy babies is specially designed for infants aged between 9-18 months.
Enfagrown Gentlease infant formula ensures the proper development of children physically and mentally by the age of 3 because of brain-nourishing DHA.
Many parents say that the Enfagrow instant formula helps to reduce gas discomfort, fussiness, colic, and crying in 24 hours. The formula is enriched with 30 nutrients which promote the growth of children being gentle on the tummies of infants.
- Enfagrow formula milk nourishes brain development with brain-nourishing DHA, iron, and choline. It is simpler to digest because of the partially broken-down proteins.
- Promotes a child’s development and become strong.
- Feeding this formula to your baby reduces fussiness and lowers gas caused by improper digestion.
- Contains 50% less lactose.
- Helps to fill the DHA gap in kids.
- Is available in two different flavors: vanilla and natural milk.
- Many babies didn’t like the taste, and thus, it is hard to feed babies Enfagrow Gentlease.
- It has a bitter and unpleasant taste.
Similac Sensitive Baby Formula with Iron
If your baby is enduring gas pain, then Similac Sensitive Baby Formula with iron works the best for them. It is the leading infant formula with trusted cow-milk formula with no artificial growth hormones.
- It doesn’t contain lactose and no artificial preservatives.
- It helps in the proper digestion and even boosts the immune system because it contains nucleotides.
- And the best part is its container design which is highly convenient for scooping the product out of the container.
- It doesn’t suit people with cow’s milk allergies.
- The formula forms a bubble while preparing, so it is necessary to remove it before giving it to your baby.
Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula
Enfamil Gentlease Instant Formula for gassy babies is a clinically proven formula to reduce gas, associated fussiness, and crying in 24 hours. It works best for babies with sensitive stomachs.
It is the number one infant formula recommended by Pediatricians. Also, it is one of the best infant formulas for babies suffering from gas and constipation.
- It helps to nourish and develop a child’s brain as it contains many DHA and Choline.
- It contains essential nutrients like MFGM, and Omega 3 DHA found in breast milk, supporting your baby’s growth.
- This formula helps to reduce gas in babies.
- Little ones can benefit from this formula as it is easy to digest.
- It doesn’t contain any artificial colors, sweeteners, and flavors.
- It constitutes a blend of dual prebiotics that supports the immune system of the baby.
- After feeding the formula left an oily residue in the bottle.
- Many parents were unsatisfied with the packaging.
- Although the formulas settle relatively quickly, they form a lot of foam.
- The cost of the formula is a little too high compared to other infant formulas.
Earth’s Best Low-Lactose Organic Sensitivity Formula
Earth’s Best Organic Formula is a good option for gassy babies and babies with sensitive stomachs. These formulas are best for a baby’s first twelve months.
Earth’s Best Low-Lactose Organic Sensitivity Formula is a gentle formula that reduces gas and supports children’s cognitive development. Hence, the formula helps infants suffering from tummy issues and is recommended by moms.
- The formula is close to breast milk.
- Lactose milk-based powder formulation is reduced for easy and better digestion.
- It is highly rich in fatty acids such as Omega-3 DHA and Omega-6 ARA that support brain and eye development in babies.
- It helps to reduce gassiness problems in babies.
- The product contains iron and nourishes the healthy development of babies.
- The formula is flavorful, children’s cognitive development which is an excellent advantage for your child not to refuse it.
- The product is kosher; it doesn’t contain any artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners.
- They are organic infant formulas and don’t use synthetic pesticides and fertilizers.
- It forms clumps while preparing, so thoroughly shake the mixture.
Enfamil Nutramigen Hypoallergenic Baby Formula
Enfamil Nutramigen Hypoallergenic Baby Formula is the best Enfamil for gas. It is clinically shown to reduce colic due to cow’s milk allergy in as quickly as 48 hours.
Many parents love this product because it doesn’t ultimately help your baby avoid cow’s milk but helps create tolerance little by little so that they can enjoy dairy products happily in the future. It is best for hypoallergenic infants.
- The baby formula helps lower gas problems in babies as it contains rich nutrients like DHA, ARA, and Iron.
- Supports their little brains and eye development and promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Lowers the risk of future allergies.
- Consists of modified corn starch which helps to thicken, making it easier to digest.
- Provides fast relief for babies with gas and colic.
- Has a complete nutritional profile.
- Due to the presence of corn syrup solids, it might affect them in the long run.
Gerber Good Start Soothe Infant Formula
Gerber Good Start Soothe Infant Formula is best for the gassy and fussy baby. It is a safe and effective cow’s milk infant formula for babies suffering from gas, bloating, and fussiness. This formula offers total nourishment for babies up to 12 months.
- Consists of a powerful blend of DHA, probiotics, prebiotics, essential components in breast milk.
- Constitutes Comfort proteins and small proteins that are easy for tiny tummies to digest.
- Made with non-GMO ingredients.
- Provides comfort to your baby’s tummy.
- It may not be effective for all babies.
- As per a few parents, the formula causes constipation.
Some Tips on Feeding the Formula Milk for Gassy Babies
- Always choose the correct position while feeding. The correct feeding position allows the food to go to the bottom part of the stomach and air on the top. It will reduce the fussiness and gas in your children.
- After feeding, try to give your baby a gentle backup to get rid of swallowed air. Don’t forget to burp your baby twice a day.
- Gently massage your baby’s back by holding him under his belly with your forearms because touch can reduce fussiness and gas problems.
- Another technique that works the best for burps bloating and fussiness might be a warm bath.
- Lay your infant’s leg back and forth like in a bicycling motion towards his tummy. This motion of legs allows the air to push out the trapped air in the baby’s tummy.
- Try to prepare formulas in a separate glass or container and pour it down into a formula feeding bottle. It helps to lessen the amount of air trapped in the bottle and hopefully reduces gas problems in babies.
It’s essential to choose the best infant formula for your babies. But if you want to keep your baby’s tummy healthy, moms should pay attention to the foods they consume. If you’re breastfeeding, it is essential to consult your pediatrician to control and check your diet.
Also, when you feel like your baby has gas, you should try cutting out foods like dairy products, caffeine, cabbage, onions, etc., that cause gas in your baby. If the case gets worse, you should see a doctor.
Any formula might not be suitable for your babies. In such cases, you might want to switch the formula milk. Always remember to consult with a pediatrician before switching the baby formula.