Isn’t it adorable and fun to watch your babies enjoying their meal? Babies are cute but, at the same time, super messy while having their food or during playtime sessions. During the mealtime of your baby, we know that spills are unavoidable. There is always a mess, and you need to clean up things, be it toys or food. Want Solution? Under-High chair mats.
To protect your kitchen or floor from spills, try investing your time and money in the best high chair mat. It will make your clean-up easier. You can use a high chair mat during art and craft time to protect from paint spills, crayons, glitter, and markers.
The best under-high chair mats protect the floor below from food stains, mess, and spills. It saves time, energy, and sanity to clean your floors after playtime or mealtime. They are great for protecting carpet or floors from damage. So, it is better to invest your money in a baby splat mat.
Factors to consider while purchasing the best Under-High Chair Mats
While choosing under-high chair mats, you can consider the following few points.
While purchasing the best under-high chair mat, look for the type of floor. If you have wooden floors, then it requires less rigidity and does its job perfectly well.
If you have a carpeted floor, then you should consider a more rigid high chair mat.
The high chair mats come in different sizes, circular or square. Before purchasing a mat, always measure the base of your child’s high chair. Measure the space and compare before you make your final purchase.
A circular play mat is beneficial for homes with less floor space and is recommended for smaller high chairs. A square play mat is easy to fold and fit in a bag, but it’s easier to trip over them because of the hard edges. Always consider the thickness of the floor mat before purchasing it.
Material is also an essential factor because you don’t want to waste the same amount of time and energy cleaning the mat as you did cleaning the floor.
Ensure that the cleaning instructions match with how you are hoping to clean it. Baby splash mats must be non-absorbent and can be wiped up easily. Many manufacturers ensure the material is free from phthalates, PVC and BPA, so it’s better to cross-check before purchasing.
7 Best Under-High Chair Mats
Choosing the best under-high chair mat can be confusing. The best high chair mat can be a birth parents’ saver. So, we have listed some of the top Best Baby Splat Mats explaining their pros and cons.
Here are the seven best high chair mats to consider:
1. Bumkins Splat Mat
The Bumkins Large Splat Mat saves you from the mess. It ensures to protect your floors from the playtime mess or the mealtime mess. This mat is excellent for art and craft projects or under a high chair. It is applicable for daily use and stands up to the mess created by kids.
Pros of Bumkins Splat Mat:
- Waterproof and the material is of stain-resistant fabric, which is both soft and firm. It is durable.
- It is an inexpensive and effective baby splash mat.
- Bumpkin’s waterproof splash mats are BPA-free, PVC-free, lead-free, and phthalate-free.
- It is wipeable, machineable, and quick drying. It is easy to clean.
- Light and portable and takes up less space in your bag.
- You can use it under the high chair and outside, on floors, or on tables.
- The quality and pattern of the material are cute and good.
- The splat mat protects the floor as it holds the water on top after spills.
Cons of Bumkins Splat Mat:
- The dimension of the Splat Mat is 42 inchesX42 inches. Hence it is not a big splash mat as compared to other mats.
- It is not a mat to stay on the floor all of the time.
2. TaigaStyle Baby Splash Mat
TaigaStyle grey highchair mat measures 51 inches X 44 inches, which is large enough for different activities, including eating, painting, and playing. It is one of the giant baby splash mats as compared to other competitors. It is one of the best.
Pros of TaigaStyle Baby Splash Mat :
- It is specially designed to use under the high chair and you can use it for other messy activities.
- Perfectly protects your floor from any spills, stains, and crumbs while your baby is enjoying his meals or playtime.
- It is generously sized and effortless to pack, and portable.
- Easy to clean with no need to waste time machine washing it, unlike with fabric splash mats.
- Big and grey spalt mats are BPA-free, PVC-free, lead-free, and phthalate-free.
- As the grey splash mat is not fabric and waterproof, you can easily wipe clean both upper and bottom sides, so it is perfect for picnics in nature.
- Use it as a table cloth while playing, crafting, or painting to avoid a mess on the floor. Hence it served as a multipurpose mat.
Cons of TaigaStyle Baby Splash Mat:
- The material of the splash mat is thin.
- Many customers have complained about a strong vinyl smell after removing it from the original packaging.
3. CLCROBD Round Splat Mat
The 51-inch CLCROBD extra-large splat mat is an all-in-one multipurpose mat. You can use it as a table cloth during playtime, art and craft activities, and outdoor picnics. The round high chair mat is designed to protect the floors from the mess.
Pros of CLCROBD Round Splat Mat:
- Round Splash Mat is 100% polyester, lead-free PVC-free, BPA-free, non-toxic, and odor-free.
- The material is made up of reinforced stitching.
- The round splash mat is waterproof, laminated, and non-slip.
- Mat is machine washable, hang dry, and reusable.
- Anti-slip silicone spot material on the back fabric keeps the high chair floor mats in place and prevents the mat from bunching up.
- 53″ x 53″ splat mats are lightweight and travel-friendly.
- Easy to fold and use.
- Use it as painting drop cloths, baby playmats, outdoor picnic mats, or tablecloths.
- Durable and high-quality mat.
- It works best for incontinent pets as well as babies.
Cons of CLCROBD Round Splat Mat:
- Some of the customers have reviewed it’s not laminated as the product ensures.
4. Sumnacon Baby Splat Mat
The Sumnacon baby splat mat is excellent for protecting the carpet in your dining room table as it catches all the crumbs that toddlers drop. It protects your floor from any messy activities of toddlers like painting, watercolors, cutting and pasting, etc. This mat is so much better than vacuuming or mopping your floors or carpets each time your toddlers eat.
Pros of Sumnacon Baby Splat Mat:
- Sumnacon Baby Splat Mat is a carpet saver as it protects your carpet of the dining room from any spills, stains, and crumbs.
- It is machine washable and reusable, which makes it easy to clean. It can also go in the dryer.
- The mat is big enough to catch all the crumb’s spills, and mess.
- The material of the splat mat is linen and very soft.
- The 43.3inch size splat mat saves time cleaning up spills.
- Anti-slip granules on the back keep the cloth in place well and grip the floor well.
- It is durable, travel-friendly, and easy to fold.
- It is a great mat to help with your messy eater.
Cons of Sumnacon Baby Splat Mat:
- At 43.5 inches square, it is a little small as compared to other high chair splat mats.
5. WOMUMON Baby Washable Spill Mat
This mat is an all-in-one multipurpose mat. It saves your floors, tables, and carpet floor from constant cleaning. It is considered one of the best leak-proof toddler’s snack mats while your baby is enjoying their snack. You can use it as a playmat, tablecloth, or foldable picnic blanket.
Pros of WOMUMON Baby Washable Spill Mat:
- The baby splat mat is 100% polyester, lead-free PVC-free, BPA-free, non-toxic, and odor-free.
- The splash mat is simple to clean and waterproof.
- The stains, spills, and mess can be shaken or wiped away with a damp cloth.
- Its pretty patterns are attractive, and the baby toddlers love it.
- It’s durable, machine washable, and reusable.
- The material of the mat is of high quality and soft, which makes it safe for babies.
- Its anti-slip properties keep the mat in place, not easy to bunch up under a high chair.
- 51 “x51” is enough to cover the area you want. Use it as a picnic mat, splat mat, or place where you want extra protection.
- It is 1.2 pounds light and easy to travel.
Cons of WOMUMON Baby Washable Spill Mat:
- Some of the customers have complained about not being waterproof and laminated. Certain craft materials and water can leak through.
- If you attempt to move a high chair while it’s on the mat, it can get bunched up.
6. Zicac Fashion Large Splat Mat Floor Cover
Zicac Waterproof Cartoon Pattern Splat Mat is more attractive to toddlers and helps keep the floor or carpets clean. The floor mat is big enough to catch any food spills, toys, and painting mess. Zicac Splat mat is one of the best floor protectors from messy activities.
Pros of Zicac Fashion Large Splat Mat Floor Cover:
- From the mealtime and playtime mess, it protects the floor, table, and carpet floor.
- A 51 x 51 inches large floor mat is enough to catch thrown messes.
- The mat is easy to wipe out with a damp cloth.
- Its cute design is attractive and appealing to baby toddlers.
- It has an excellent grip on hardwood floors, and its anti-slip backcloth keeps the babies safe and secure as it prevents the mat from moving quickly.
- The splash mat is machine washable and dries quickly.
- The high chair mat is durable and stain-resistant.
- It is lightweight, portable, and easy to fold.
Cons of Zicac Fashion Large Splat Mat Floor Cover:
- It is not entirely waterproof.
7. Sugarbooger Jumbo Floor Splat Mat
The splash mat is specially designed for use under a high chair. It helps keep the floors and kitchen carpets clean during the baby toddler’s playtime mess and mealtime mess.
The 42-inch square mat is suitable for moms with small apartments or tiny houses. It is lovely for under chairs and high chairs.
Pros of Sugarbooger Jumbo Floor Splat Mat:
- The splash mat is not super thick and bulky as the material is made of laminated cotton canvas.
- It doesn’t contain PVC, BPA, phthalates, or lead.
- The mat comes packaged in a reusable zipper pouch.
- Easy to clean and wipe the mess.
- Thin, portable, and easy to fold.
- The cute alphabetical designs are educational for toddlers.
- Is machine washable.
- Keeps the floor clean.
- Is versatile as it can fit into various spaces and can fit even in a tighter place if needed.
Cons of Sugarbooger Jumbo Floor Splat Mat:
- The 42-inch square mat is small as compared to other splash mats.
- The design might not match the kitchen or dining area.
- The splash mat cannot dry in a machine.
Under-High chair mats are not only used to catch food spills but also as a playtime mat, used under the artwork area, and picnic mats. Hence considered an all-in-one multipurpose mat.
Using the best under-high chair mats ensures no more mess, chaos in the room and keeps your environment clean, tidy, and attractive.
If you want to learn about the best kindergarten mats. Click here.